You can Layby products at most Target stores so that you can spread the payment over a number of weeks.
Layby is available on purchases of $40 or more. A 10% deposit of the total of the layby is required plus a $3.00 non refundable service fee. Regular fortnightly payments must be made. Payments may be made at the layby counter or other registers in any Target store. The last payment must be made at the store where layby was set up.
Extended layby terms and conditions 2016
- Extended layby is available from the 22nd of September and to be finalised on December 22nd.
- Normal 8 week layby will remain available for customers who wish to take up this option.
- The extended layby feature will be removed from 27th October and normal 8 week layby will be offered after this date.
- Standard layby terms and conditions apply (as listed on target .com.au).
Layby is not available at the following stores:
- Brisbane CBD
- Chapel street
- Forest Hill
- Golden Grove
- Kippa Ring
- Ocean Grove
Layby is not available through the Target online or eBay stores.
Can I cancel my layby?
Yes, you can cancel your layby at any time and all monies will be refunded except the $3.00 service fee
When can I collect my layby?
Once the total amount has been paid off and before the due date.
Our in store Layby terms and conditions are as follows:
Layby is available on an 8 week term and must be paid in full.
Laybys must be collected by finalisation date printed on the receipt.
Layby is available on purchases of $40 or more.
A 10% deposit of the total of the layby is required on each layby.
A $3.00 non refundable service fee will be charged for each new layby.
Regular fortnightly payments must be made. Payments may be made at the layby counter or other registers in any Target store. However, the last payment must be made at the store where layby was set up.
Failure to make payments when they are due or collect laybys by the due date will be treated as cancellation of the layby by the customer. In these instances, the customer will be entitled to a refund of the monies paid, less a termination fee of $3.00 service fee already paid.
Layby is not available on clearance and discontinued products, pre-paid cards and gift cards, chemicals (eg. batteries), food items, cosmetics, skincare and where specifically stated in store and in promotional materials
Individual items may not be added, removed or separated from a layby.
Refunds for layby deposits or payments will be refunded using the original payment method. Deposits or payments made by Gift Card will be refunded by Target Gift Card or exchange voucher only.
Photo ID must be produced if you request a replacement layby document, cancel a layby, or when you finalise and collect a layby where no document can be produced.
- Information collected for a layby transaction will be used for the purpose of processing your layby and may also be provided to third parties, to send reminders via letter, SMS or email.
- Information collected for a layby transaction will be used for the purposes of contacting you regarding Target policies and procedures that may affect you.
- If you opt in for marketing material: You agree to Target collecting my personal information to analyse purchasing and online activity. This includes receiving marketing communications, contact about purchasing activity and targeted advertising subject to exercising privacy rights and choices. Target may provide personal information to service providers (some of whom may be located outside Australia) for these purposes.
For information regarding what personal information is held in relation to your layby, please contact Customer Support on 1300 753 567.
Customers must sign the layby receipt to acknowledge these terms and conditions.
Layby service is not available in all Target stores. Please contact your local store to confirm.