To Our Customers,
No matter how you choose to shop with us at Target, we will be there for you – whether you’re visiting one of our stores or shopping with us online. In these challenging times, we want you to know that we are right there with you through it all.
At a time when you need us most, we are working hard to ensure our products are available to you. We recognise that in the current climate it is not always easy, and we’re changing the way we operate every day to do this.
We have experienced increased demand across a number of our product categories, have had unprecedented demand online and we know that there are times that we may have disappointed you by not being able to provide what you need, when you need it. We want to thank you all sincerely for your patience and support as our teams work hard to be there for you both in store and online.
It is more important to us than ever to provide a great customer experience and I thought I would take this opportunity to update you on some of the things we are doing at Target to help support our customers, our teams and all of the communities that we operate in.
A safe place to shop and work…
At Target, we’ve always been committed to creating a safe shopping environment for all the people visiting us in store. We want our customers and our teams to feel comfortable in our stores so we’re working hard to ensure they are clean, safe and compliant with government regulations by:
- Increasing in-store cleaning and frequent cleaning of high touch areas including customer trolley and basket handles
- Trolley and basket sanitising wipes available at the front of every store
- Asking team members who are unwell or displaying flu like symptoms to avoid work
- Team members wiping down assisted checkouts after each customer use
- Physical distancing regulations and customer capacity limits in our stores – this may result in customers being asked to safely queue outside a store before entering. We thank you for your patience
- Physical distancing enforced while queuing at checkouts and service counter areas – this may mean that processing your purchase may take a little longer. We thank you for your patience
- If checkouts do not have 1.5m distance between them, we have closed the one in between to ensure customers can check out safely with the appropriate physical distancing
- Temporary closure of our fitting rooms
- No signatures required on receipts for refunds, laybys or Click and Collect orders
- Encouraging customers to use EFTPOS or credit card through our manned registers wherever possible and asking them to pack their own bags at checkout; to reduce personal contact instore
If you choose not to shop in store, we’ll be there for you online…
If you choose to shop with us online, we have non-contact shopping options for you. We are offering free non-contact home delivery for orders over $45 and to help protect the health of you, your family and our delivery partners, signatures will not be required. Our non-contact Click and Collect service is available outside our stores ensuring physical distancing measures are in place. Upon confirmation of your order being ready, head over and collect – just call your local store first and let them know.
In addition, we have included useful COVID-19 related Q&A’s and user guides for our customers who might be new to online shopping – we hope that these tools and information are useful. We continue to refresh our website and app layouts to ensure our content is relevant to customers as shopping behaviours continue to adapt to the ever-changing circumstances.
Taking the pressure off…
We know now is not the time to make life stressful for our customers, so we want to try and take some of the pressure off. We have extended our returns policy from 28 days to 60 days for all purchases and you can also return your online purchases by post, free of charge. If you have a layby with us, these are still available to be collected from stores however if you’re not comfortable collecting it right now we will make sure the layby is extended – please get in touch with your local store and see how they can help.
Our customers, our team and the communities we operate in are the reason we exist. We will continue to support our communities wherever we can, working with our charity partners to make sure they have the support they need to keep providing crucial services. We know this will be a long journey and we are all in it together.
In these trying times, we look forward to serving you, however you choose to shop with us – we’ll be there for you, and there with you, through this time of uncertainty.
We wish you and your families good health and we thank you, sincerely, for your ongoing support.
Target Managing Director