Information on PageUp IT Issue
Target was among a large number of Australian organisations who suspended connections with human resources technology provider PageUp, after they confirmed that an unauthorised person gained access to PageUp systems and personal data relating to clients, job applicants, references and PageUp employees.
What steps has Target taken?
Target has taken the following steps to investigate this incident and protect personal data:
- Engaged directly and repeatedly with PageUp to understand what steps they are taking to investigate the incident and to secure their systems;
- Engaged with the Australian Government’s Joint Cyber Security Centre (JCSC), the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) and other data security bodies and experts to understand the extent of the issue, risk management and data protection options; and
- Initiated a reset of all our candidate passwords in PageUp
What do I need to do?
Target is not aware that any of our team members’ or job applicants’ data has been specifically affected. Nor are we aware of any fraudulent activity relating to anyone’s data occurring as a result of the security breach.
However, if you have applied online for a role with Target, it is possible that your personal data may have been accessed as a result of the breach. This may include names, street addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers and dates of birth.
Any person who has concerns surrounding their personal information can access the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s (OAIC) guidance on protecting personal information.
You can also find useful information on the IDCARE website. IDCARE is Australia’s national identity & cyber support service for the community.
The [Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC), The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) and IDCARE has also issued a joint statement on the PageUp incident.
Resumption of PageUp Services
Target has received assurances from PageUp and independent external security experts Klein & Co and Content Security that:
- The original threat has been removed;
- No further security issues have been identified on the PageUp system; and
- Further security measures have been implemented to help guard against a similar incident in the future.
On this basis, Target has determined to progressively recommence recruitment via the Target career website, using the PageUp system, from 22 June.
If you have a question about how to reset your PageUp password, access your PageUp profile or view your PageUp data, you can call PageUp on (toll free) 1300 893 787 or 03 9068 7721. You can also access the PageUp website by clicking here or contact the Target customer service team on 1300 753 567
Target Customer Support
Monday - Friday 9:00am to 7:00pm AEST
Saturday 9:00am to 5:00pm (AEST)
Call us on 1300 753 567