Application tips and tricks
The Target Customer Service Assistant Talent Community is designed to speed up the recruitment process for you and for us.
We are providing you with the ability to give us all the important information that we need to know whilst also giving you the opportunity to update your information as it changes.
To get the best out of Target’s Customer Service Assistant Talent Community, here are a few tips:
1. Register for Target’s Customer Service Assistant Talent Community
- Complete as many of the fields as you can
- Ensure you’ve completed your extra assessments
- Update your information regularly
- Check in to see what updates there might be
2. Do your research
It’s important that you do your research and are well prepared when applying for a position. At target.com.au, you can read all about us, and under our Careers FAQs you’ll find the answers to the most common questions about recruitment at Target.
3. What happens after registering for our Talent Community?
Our very helpful talent acquisition team will be in contact to let you know the next steps in our process, and you can also reach out to them on firstname.lastname@example.org
4. How do you ace the interview?
There's no formula we can give you to guarantee you land your dream role but there are some key things you can do that'll help you impress at your interview:
- Show up on time: Put yourself in the manager's shoes - You're busy, you need a new awesome person you can trust to turn up and get the job done. Plan to be there 15 mins early (although don't go in until your actual interview time) - that way if traffic is unexpectedly bad or you can't find a park, you'll still be ok. If a real emergency happens and there's no way round it, make sure you text or call to let them know.
- Look presentable: This is customer service - first impressions really count. If you're clean, tidy and friendly, people are more likely to feel comfortable asking you questions. This is the vibe your interviewer is looking for too.
- Do your research: This is your chance to knock your interviewer's socks off. Nothing makes as good an impression as showing you care about our business. Check out our website before you head in to see them and make sure you've visited a store or two. That way you'll be able to speak with confidence about why Target and this role is the right fit for you.
- Have some questions prepared: Avoid that awkward silence after the inevitable "so, do you have any questions for me?" question at the end of the interview. Think of a few things you can ask before you head in - things like "what do you like best about working here?" or "What kind of training do you offer?".
- Have answers prepped for these questions: These (or similar versions of these) are really commonly asked Big Questions in interviews. Make sure you've thought of how you'd answer them if they crop up: Why are you right for this job? What excites you about working in this role/company? What are your plans for the next year or two? What are you into in your spare time? What are the achievements you're really proud of?