Target Sustainability Report 2018
Target team member Erica Calleja
Target is a department store supported by a strong brand heritage and characterised by quality, fashion and basics at the best prices. It operates in the clothing, homewares and general merchandise retail sector, both locally and internationally. Its objective is to provide quality and fashion at the best prices.
Target operates a national network of 303 retail stores as well as online. Target employs more than 13,000 team members across its stores, support offices and direct sourcing operations. It sources from both local and international suppliers who manufacture in countries including China, Bangladesh, India, Vietnam, Indonesia and Cambodia. Target has product sourcing offices located in Hong Kong, China, and Bangladesh.
Target focused on the following material issues during the year:
- Safety, security, health and wellbeing of our team members and customers
- Ensuring the safety and quality of our products
- Embracing a diverse and inclusive culture, and developing careers
- Investing in our communities
- Maximising our energy efficiency
- Minimising our waste
- Ethical sourcing of our products and services
- Sourcing sustainable materials