Health, Safety and Injury Management Policy
We are fully committed to:
- Ensuring the safety of our team members, customers, contractors, visitors and neighbours.
- Promoting the health and wellbeing of team members.
- Ensuring the provision of quick and effective injury management assistance to team members with work-related injury, illness or disability.
- Continually improving our safety performance.
We will demonstrate this by:
- Complying with all relevant legislation and self-insurance requirements.
- Fostering a culture that empowers and rewards everyone to be responsible and accountable for health and safety.
- Ensuring our vision of being the number one retailer in Australia and our online activities do not jeopardise the health and safety of our team members, customers, contractors, visitors and neighbours.
- Establishing measurable targets for performance and for openly communicating our health and safety performance to relevant stakeholders.
- Consulting and communicating with our team members and relevant stakeholders on matters where their health and safety is directly impacted.
- Providing health, safety and injury management training, information and guidance.
- Providing our team members with health and wellbeing knowledge, opportunities and support.
- Ensuring safe management of specific hazards relevant to the nature and risk of our business.
- Using appropriate internal and external expertise.
- Providing suitable duties in line with current medical advice.
- Developing and monitoring Return to Work plans in consultation with team members.
- Ensuring fair and equitable claims management.
- Maintaining confidentiality of information at all times.
- Recognising the right of team members to select their treating practitioner and participate in the selection of an accredited rehabilitation provider.
- Communicating and effectively implementing the Health, Safety and Injury Management Policy.
- Defining and communicating roles and responsibilities via the SafetyCARE management system.
- Maintaining SafetyCARE, our health and safety management system.