Skip to Content Skip to Navigation

To ensure you're getting the best shopping experience, please enable Cookies in your browser preferences.

This website no longer supports Internet Explorer 9 or below, please upgrade to a newer browser.

Coat Hanger Recycling

77% of Target hangers are “recycled for re-use”. This is equivalent to 14.5 Olympic pools! New hangers are made using virgin polymer (raw material). Once they are recycled they become re-used. The remaining 23% of plastic waste that cannot be recycled for re-use is a mixture of broken hangers, promotional (non-Target) or given away at point of sale. This waste is then transported to a plastics recycler in Hong Kong where it is sorted and separated by polymer and made into granules used for other plastic product such as garden furniture, sign posts, garden equipment etc.

Back to Environment >


Newsletter Signup