- Health and safety: Implement Safety Leadership Training for operational managers and improvements to the hazard reduction program to further improve Target’s safety performance.
- Product quality and safety: Continue to implement Target’s new product quality and safety initiatives relating to button batteries, metal contamination, and furniture and television tip-over prevention.
- Diversity and inclusion: Foster an inclusive culture that supports Target’s team members and communities.
- Communities: Develop a community program that supports the business strategy and allows store teams to contribute back to their communities efficiently.
- Energy: Further investments in building controls, lighting upgrades and peak demand management to cut energy use.
- Waste: Continue implementing Target’s national ban on single-use plastic shopping bags. Additionally, use the data and learnings from the Target waste audits to commence implementing changes to Target’s waste management, diversion and recycling practices and systems.
- Ethical sourcing: Rollout of key initiatives identified in the three-year ethical sourcing program roadmap.
- Sustainable materials: Make further progress towards meeting Target’s sustainable cotton commitment.