Putting together the perfect hamper.
This year we have introduced a brand new and exclusive food range in selected Target stores. Fabulous Food caters for those who have a case of the midnight munchies, bit makes for great gift ideas too!
Hampers are the perfect last minute gift, or when unexpected guests drop in. Who doesn’t love receiving a hamper packed with useful items for the house and some extra tasty nibbles that you may not often try? And with great prices every day, creating your own hamper will not only save you money, but you might even have a little fun while doing it!
Here are a few tips on packing gift hampers for any occasion using products that you can find right here at Target.
The Family Hamper
A great alternative to thinking about individual gifts for large families, the Family Hamper can be enjoyed by everyone!
A drinks tub or basket can make a great container for a hamper, just pad out the base with decorative paper or straw to make the great products stand out!
Try making a picnic set complete with throw rug, outdoor dining and serve ware along with some tasty additions.
The Fabulous Food Company Party Platter, Caramel Fudge or even a Christmas Pudding for dessert are sure to be a hit.
Don’t be afraid to throw in something just for Mum and Dad too - sorry kids, these extra special treats are for grown-ups only!
The Fabulous Food Company products:
A. Traditional Christmas pudding. 700g
B. Entertainer’s platter. 280g
C. 12 pack rum balls. 240g
D. 8 pack Luxury cherry and fruit mince mini tarts. 224g
E. Mini Traditional Christmas pudding. 110g
F. Party platter. 300g
G. 6 pack Traditional fruit mince tarts. 360g
The Teacher Hamper
Say thank you at the end of the school year with this tasty gesture of appreciation!
A Celebrate coffee mug filled with The Fabulous Food Company Rum Balls or White Chocolate Cranberry Balls, wrapped in cellophane is an inexpensive gift idea and fantastic way to spread some Christmas cheer - especially if there is more than one teacher on your thank-you list.
The friendly neighbour hamper
A little gift to say thanks will go a long way the next time you go on holiday and need them to feed the dog!
Start with a wooden chopping board as a base and add some homey touches like our Celebrate Tea For One set. Finish with The Fabulous Food Company Savoury Biscuit Platter, Toffee Almonds and Traditional Fruit Mince Tarts for a gift they are sure to love – and might even share next time you pop around for some brown sugar!
Suggestion: Mixed Savoury Biscuit Platter. 375g
5 Top tips when deciding what to put in the hamper
- Choose the items to go in the hamper before buying the basket or box to put the items in.
You can always take out items, but there is nothing worse than having a basket that is too small to fit all the goodies.
- Think about who you are gifting the hamper to and how many people will be enjoying it - you can put in larger items for a family hamper or individual treats for a single recipient.
- Gift the hamper in a timely manner - don’t leave it too late!. Perishable products do have a use-by date so make sure that the items you have chosen are suitable for consumption or don’t need to be refrigerated.
- Everyone loves chocolate! The Fabulous Food Company has such as great range of treats that you are bound to find something to suit everyone, whether they have a sweet or savoury tooth.
Make sure you include something for them to taste and enjoy that they might not usually buy for themselves.
- Food is just one element to a gift hamper, and a few personal touches can make a big difference. Head in to Target to check out our full gifting range this Christmas!